Wednesday 17 October 2007

Mutual Support

Since my last missive there seem to have been references to my blog by those doyens of the INSEAD blogerati Necromonger (a direct link) and Res I(p)sa (my previous post).

I would not be honest if I did not admit to a small amount of gratification to have been noticed by these bloggers. However, what was nice was that Res, in her blog, commented that:

".....be afraid, be very afraid (and be sure to practice your not-sleeping, speed-reading and multi-lingual-costume-wearing-alcohol-consuming skills before you get here). You're going to love it." http://resipsainsead.blogspot.com/2007/10/contagious-panic.html

So, why do I appreciate this comment? Well, apart from the fact that Res took the time to comment (and judging from the J'08 blogs time is the scarcest commodity in Fonty), its funny and positive (as always), and, in a very weird way, the comment encapsulates my (and others') emotions while in P0. This emotion is a kind of an incredible excitement (frisson, even) together with mild panic at what the hell have we got ourselves into.

But also there is an anticipation as to the people your going to meet. I've had the pleasure (and it really has been) of meeting and corresponding with a whole bunch of future class mates over the past 6 weeks and they are just a bunch of (Americanism alert) "Awesome" people. Already you can see what the big deal about MBAs (and INSEAD in particular) is. You are sharing information/experiences, helping each other and not necessarily waiting for something in return. The key is sharing.

Of course when I get there, the reality may be different. And my more cynical side is fighting back. But at the moment I'm going to give it a whirl and look forward with unfettered optimism.....

See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the Bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light
And see the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colors came out

It was a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
Beautiful day

Beautiful Day - U2 (2000)

1 comment:

bluey said...

hiya, fellow D'08

see ya then if you are starting school at Fonty.